Thursday, November 18, 2010

Time Flies

It is now November 18 and as time flies so do opportunities to post on this blog, which I have let pass by for months.
 
I have been working at painting. I did several en plein aire pieces during the summer months, and I attended a painting workshop taught by artist Kenn Backhaus of "Palette and Passport" fame.  It was fun, somewhat productive, and a nice little trip away from home. In August I began classes in Art at Keystone College and Marywood University.  For many months prior to this  I had felt that I needed to learn more about color theory(taking that at Keystone) and that a Figure Drawing class (at Marywood) would enhance the quality of my paintings. I am now nearing the end of these classes and I must say that I have learned much from both teachers(Judi Keats and Steve Alexander, respectively) and that I have had a wonderful time to boot. I have become interested in painting portraits, and I am going to continue with painting classes at Marywood. I will post some of my work from fall semester classes soon.

In addition, I finished two small paintings last spring and early summer.  My painting of Olle and Maria's house is now complete, and also Milking Time, Waiting Her Turn(AnnMarie's Goat) is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania, United States

Followers